This feature is specific to Clearvale Enterprise.
The Images widget lets you share images with network members. Images are limited to 100 MBs. Members who view the image can rate it using a thumbs up or thumbs down icon.
Notes about this widget:
- This widget can appear on any page in your network.
- To change the way content is displayed in this widget, click Edit and change the settings:
- You can change the title “Images.” For example, you might change it to “User Conference Photos.”
- You can control who can see this widget.
- If you are placing this widget on the Network page, select the content space where you want the images to come from: network, community, or member profile. When you select community, you are prompted for the community name to use. When you select member profile, you are prompted for the member profile to use.
- Decide which images to display in the widget. Select All to show all images from the content space specified. Or, select a particular image folder to limit the widget to displaying just images in the folder specified.
- By default, five images are displayed. You can change it to show more or fewer images.
- You can change the way images are listed; choose from gallery view, list view, or slide-show.
- You can specify the sort order for images. Newest First is the default sort order. Other options are Oldest First and Random.
- To add images on the Network page, if necessary, add the Images widget to the page. Then click Add Image in the Images widget. Select the image to upload and then follow the prompts on the screen. Set the sharing settings as desired for the image. If you have a public network that allows non-logged-in users to see content, check the General public checkbox to let them see the image.
- To add images specific to a community, navigate to the community. If necessary, add the Images widget to the community page layout. Then click Add Image in the Images widget. By default, the image will be shared with the current community. You can choose whether to share the image with additional communities or the network as well.
- If you have a lot of images, you might want to create folders in which to sort your images. By setting up folders, you can limit the images that appear in a Images widget to a particular folder. You can create folders in the network space, community space, or your personal space. To create a folder in the network space, click the More link in the Images widget on the Network page. Click Edit next to Network Folders. Click Add folder. Enter a folder name and then click Save. To add an image to the folder, navigate to an image in the network space and then click Add to Network Folders. Any folders you created in the network space appear in the folder structure. To store the image in a particular folder, highlight the name of the folder or folders in which you want the image to appear and click Save.
- When uploading an image as a network administrator, you have the option of flagging your file to appear on the Network page of the network. The default value of this field depends on the Show on Network Page setting for your network. Non-admins do not have the ability to set the Show on Network Page value for files that they add to the network. The network administrator can toggle the Show on Network Page setting for any file that should appear on the Network page to Yes.
For general information on working with files, see Working with Files.