This feature is specific to Clearvale Enterprise.
The Forums widget lets members of a network or community create spaces for specific discussions. You can configure the Forums widget to list:
- the forums defined in your network or community
- the forum topics in a particular forum
- all the forum topics in your network or community
When you create a new community, a forum specific to that community is created and is named after the community. For example, if you create a community named Sales, it will contain a forum named Sales Forum. You can change the name of the forum, add topics to the forum, add more forums in the community, and so on. If you change the name of the community, the forum retains the original name of the community.
Similarly, if you create a new network and enable the Network page, an initial forum is provided for the network. The forum is named after the network. You can change the name of the forum, add topics to the forum, add more forums in the network, and so on. To access the network forum, click Forums in the Network Directory widget on the Network page.
Notes about this widget:
- This widget can appear on the Network page or a community page.
- To change the way content is displayed in this widget, the network administrator or community administrator can click Edit and change the settings:
- Determine what to display: forums or forum topics. If you choose forum topics, select the forum or forums to use.
- You can decide to show more or fewer forums or forum topics in the widget. By default it shows eight forums or forum topics.
- You can change the title “Forums.” For example, you might change it to “Current Conversations.”
- You can control who can see this widget.
- To create a forum, click Forums in the Network Directory widget. Then click Add Forum. Give your forum a title and set the privacy. Then click Save. Alternatively, if the Forums widget is defined to show forums, you can click Add Forums in the widget.
- To create a forum topic, navigate to the forum and then click Add a Topic. Give your forum topic a title and a description. If your forum topic is a question, check the checkbox for this. Click Save.
- To move a forum topic to a different forum, navigate to the forum topic and click Move Topic. In the Move Topic window, select the forum in which to move the topic. You can only move forum topics to other forums that are in the same content space. That is, you cannot move a forum topic from a network-level forum to a community-based forum.