This feature is specific to Clearvale Enterprise.
The Event Calendar widget contains a list of events on your calendar. It also has a link that allows you to add and view calendar details such as event name, contact person, location, date, and time. You can upload an icon to associate with your event.
Notes about this widget:
- This widget can appear on any page in your network.
- To change the way content is displayed in this widget, click Edit and change the settings:
- By default, one event is listed. You can change it to show more events.
- When placed on the Network page, you can control whether community-level events appear in the widget or not. The default is that community events do not appear on the Network page.
- You can change the title “Event Calendar.” For example, you might change it to “Community Calendar.”
- You can control who can see this widget.
- This widget does not necessarily display all events. To display all events, click More in this widget. The Event Calendar page appears. You can control how the calendar events are listed on the Event Calendar page by:
- Clicking List View to show the calendar events in list form.
- Clicking Calendar View to show the calendar events in calendar form. Click the Day, Week, or Month button to show the calendar in the desired format.
- Use the calendar image on the left side of the page to control a specific day, week or month shown.
- If you specified a tag when creating an event for the calendar, members can search on that tag to find the event.
- You can add an event by clicking the Add Event link in this widget. Note the following:
- You must specify a name for the event.
- Optionally, include an icon for the event and specify the location where the event will be held.
- You must enter the date and time for your event. Specify the date and time that the event starts as well as the date/time when the event ends. The event must end later than it starts. For multi-day events, the start time indicates when the event starts on the first day and when it ends on the last day.
- Change the Time Zone for the event if needed.
- Set some other optional values, such as any fees for the event, an event contact, search tags, and event details.
- Set the Privacy for the event. This determines who sees the event.
- Click Save.
- When adding an event as a network administrator, you have the option of flagging your event to appear on the Network page. The default value of this field depends on the Show on Network Page setting for your network. Non-admins do not have the ability to set the Show on Network Page value for events that they add to the network. The network administrator can toggle the Show on Network Page setting for any event that should appear on the Network page to Yes.
To make community events appear on the Network page:
- On the Network page, add the Event Calendar widget.
- Edit the Event Calendar widget and check Yes for Display community events?. Save your changes.
- Add a community event and set the Privacy for the event to Network Members if you want all network members to see the event on the Network page. Or, set it to Community Members if you just want community members to see the event on the Network page.