Using Guest Communities
BETA: If you have a hybrid network, you can create guest communities. Use these communities for collaboration with network members and guests.
Note the following about guest communities:
- To create a guest community, select Communities>Guest Communities and then click Add Guest Community. Alternatively, you can click Communities and then click the Add Community button. When defining a guest community this way, you need to set the community type to Guest Community.
- Guest communities always require an invitation. That is, when defining the community, the only option available is that community members must be invited to join to communities.
- Guest communities are visible only to community members. Once you are invited to a guest community, you can see it on the Communities>Guest Communities page.
- Network administrators can create guest communities. Depending on how your hybrid network is configured, network members may also be able to create guest communities. (The Allow members to create guest communities and external communities option must be checked on the Admin>Network Administration page.)
- If you create a guest community, you must specifically invite all network members or guests that you want to participate in the community.
- You can make a guest the administrator of a guest community. You cannot make them the owner of the community.
- When working in a guest communities, all community members are known by their network name, and cannot appear as an unnamed member. This facilitates participation in the community.
- All guest communities contain the label “Guest Community” under the title name to remind you that this community includes members as well as guests.
- You can convert a guest community to an internal community or external community.
- When converting to an internal community, you first need to remove any guest members.
- When converting to an external community, be sure that any content that is confidential is removed from the community, since external communities allow all participants to see the content.
- To see all the guest communities to which you have been invited, click the Communities tab. Then click the Guest Communities link.
- To narrow the list to just the guest communities of which you are a member, select Communities>My Guest Communities.
- If you have a public network, public users are unaware of any guest communities and their content.